Monday, November 10, 2008

ROCK COLLECTION


I'd like to share with you pics of a few of our rocks that we have collected over the years as we have traveled to different State parks. When we find an interesting or unusual rock, we like to bring it home and place it around our fish pond.



This one is not from one of our trips, but is a lump of coal that I wanted to include in my collection.











This is a very unusual one that my husband found while he was walking on the hill above my doctor's office while I was seeing the doctor.










I don't remember where this one came from. We thought it might have been a rock used by the Indians in grinding. It has the thumb like indentation in it.









This one is really strange. It is a rock that has lots of little circle formations in it. The back side is just like a normal rock.











Another strange rock.













Look at the holes in this one.















This one is similar to the one above but with smaller holes.








Don't you think these are unusual rocks?

3 comments:

Janet, said...

Yes those are a little strange. I agree that one could be a rock the Indians used. The one above it sure is ugly, it doesn't even look like a rock. I like the third one up from the bottom.

Kathy said...

The second picture is my favorite.

Vera said...

Yes, Shirley your rocks are very unusual, and the third one up is really pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails