Thursday, November 13, 2008

ANGELS


Hebrews 1:14 speaks of angels....Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Psalm 91:11 speaks of angels....For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. Those are a couple of my favorite verses in the Bible regarding angels. Isn't it just great how God loves us so much that he sent His only begotten Son to die for our sins, (John 3:16) and gives us angels to watch over us! Among my collections, is a large collection of angels. Also, one of my favorite crafts, especially for the Christmas seasons, is angels. I have made several different kinds of angel crafts over the years. This week I have created a new angel ornament. I don't know what I will do with them, I just enjoy making them. Some of th
em may hang on my new Christmas tree and some may be given to friends and family. I hope you like them.

These are the pieces before being put together: The halo is a gold pipe cleaner, the dress and arms is white felt, the wing is white and gold lace which I gather in the center, the head is wooden with a hole all the way through in which I place craft thread for hanging and a small piece of dowel rod to hold it in place, I use some gold trim and lace on the bottom of the dress and golden beads around the neck





This is a finished product. I forgot to put the hair in the first photo. I use different colors of doll hair.
















Here, I am holding one to show the size.

4 comments:

Janet, said...

Those are pretty, Shirley. Maybe you could show us a picture of the other craft angels you've made over the years.

Janet, said...

Shirley, you have been tagged. Go to my site, copy the rules on your site and post 6 random things about you.

Sharon Brumfield said...

That is really sweet. My Mom collects angels and until she got too many it made it easier buying presents for her. :)
I have an 11 year old and she and I are going to do some bird ornaments from a cinnamon dough recipe. Depending on how they come out we will use them on our tree or give them for gifts.
Something about this time of year just brings the craft out in a person. :)
Thanks for stopping by.

A Colorful World said...

VERY sweet little angels! And I love the template you are using for your blog!
Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails