Thursday, May 21, 2009

MASKED BANDIT

It happened late last night.
I am on the computer.
John is asleep in the living room chair.
Missy wants me to take her outside.
On the way to the door I hear Huey barking.
I hear a commotion on the outside porch.
Sounds like he is in trouble.
I run on to the door while yelling at John.
I turn on the outside light.
I open the door…still yelling at John.
Missy and I go out onto the inside porch.
Huey is on the outside porch…still barking.
I’m still yelling for John.
Huey is trying to climb up the outside doorway.
I look up and scream for John this time.
John finally makes his way out.
Missy runs back inside…scared to death.
John says….
“That’s what has been getting Huey’s food.”
Most of my fear is gone now.
I have to get a picture of this.
I run inside for my camera.
I open the outside porch door.
I step out just enough to snap a photo.
He is looking right at me.
Oh, he is so cute!
Can’t be very old.
He is so afraid.
Poor little thing.



John gets Huey on the inside porch.
The cute little critter escapes...fast.
Huey goes back out....zoom!
He's back on the trail.
It's been a long time since I've had
that much excitement.
I rather enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Now that was a great night of exciting escapades!
And what a great picture you got...too cute!
Glad you found out who the masked bandit was. :)

Janet, said...

They are so cute! Huey's a good watch dog, I bet 'Bandit' thinks twice before he comes back.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Well, If you enjoyed it that much, I hope he comes back when you least expect it. maybe you could tempt him with a few morsels.
Cute story and picture.
Thanks for sharing it!

Denise said...

So cute ! Good for you running and getting your camera! That is a wonderful picture..........

How are you sweetie......... think of you often....... I will be headed back to the blog in a few days, but will not be able to be here every day........ Just so much going on..........

Hope you had a nice quiet weekend..... We were so busy and I will post some pictures of the new fence!

Related Posts with Thumbnails