Sunday, December 7, 2008

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS


I'm back, but I
haven't been anywhere. Just busy and not very inspired. I thought I'd try to get back into posting with some of my decorations. I don't do a whole lot for Christmas. This is the first time I've put up a tree in years. I just don't have room.



The tree is just a little 4 ft. white tree that came with lights already on it. I bought a few bulbs and thiink I will add some more. The tree is sitting on a table between my two recliners.





As you probably already know, I like to make flower arrangements. I made a new one for Christmas this year that I will leave out all winter. It sits on my coffee table.









The one on my dining table is one I made last year.






On my counter top I have a little village that I really can't take a picture of since there is a mirror behind it. I did manage to take a picture of the ceramic tree that sits in the middle of the village. Someone also gave me the ceramic tree. I really like it and display it every year.







A few years ago, my youngest daughter, Terri, made a wreath for me. I hang it on the back door. (Everyone enters through our back door.)








Also on the back porch, by the door, I display a little wooden tree with lights that someone gave me.










On the outside back porch, is a little nativity scene. You may notice that I do not display the wise men, as the wise men did not visit Jesus at the stable. They did not show up right when Jesus was born. When they got there, he was in a house with Mary. (Matthew 2:11) The Bible also does not indicate that there were three wise men, only three gifts. So, that is why I don't display the wise men in my nativity scene.


Just inside my back door, I display a few things. I really like the bird house that Terri also got for me a couple of years ago. I also display it all winter.









The snowman that I hang on the door knob in my living room was also a gift. That is the door that I display all of my Christmas cards that I receive. I will post it when it is covered. So far, I only have one.







The only lights that I have outside are wrapped around the lamp post.






There you have it. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing your decorations.



2 comments:

Janet, said...

I like your decorations. Some of my favorites are the little dish you have the mints in, your ceramic tree, and your flag outside is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love you grannie! :D
& I love your houes during Christmas! <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails