Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthday Sunday

Birthdays in our family are usually celebrated on Sundays. I will cook their favorite food and have a birthday cake for the one who had a birthday during the week and everyone will come for dinner. This Sunday was my birthday Sunday, since my birthday was on Wednesday. Instead of cooking my favorite meal, I cooked spaghetti for my grandchildren, two of which I don't see very often. I didn't have a cake but one of my daughters brought cake and ice cream. (really good)

My girls always get me a gift. I will share with you below:


This one is from Tania. You will need to click on the picture to enlarge and see the detail. She knows I love birds. T
he cardinal on the bird feeder on the left is a Christmas tree ornament. I love the cardinal sitting on the pine cone. In the middle is an owl pin. And, the gift bag matches so well with the tree and cardinals. I was very pleased with this gift.




This one is from Terri. She, too knows I love birds. These little birds are so cute. I love them. And she packed them in such a pretty bag also.


I had a really good day yesterday even if I was miserable with a bad sinus cold. I just love my girls and my grandchildren.

Aren't those gifts so cute!




7 comments:

Janet, said...

Spaghetti sounds good. I love the bird feeder ornament!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I love the idea that everyone gets together for a birthday party.
Family time is so important.
You are loved and it shows through your blog.
Your gifts are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your gifts are very cute! I love the pink bag the last one came in.

Thanks for linking up to my contest! Good luck!

Patty Price said...

I just found your blog. We seem to have similar thoughts on retirement. I just began blogging and get encouragement from others like you.

Vera said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your girls, I love being with my kids too, you and me are probably a lot alike.
Runs in the family I guess.

Denise said...

Cute gifts and I love spaghetti ... oh yes with garlic bread and parmesan cheese ! Oh yes...... bring it on ...............

Thanks for the wonderful comments on my blog........I am so blessed to know that the love of God is visible in my life.......... To whom much is given much is required...... I have been given much! I want to give HIM to others!

Linda said...

Such lovely gifts!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails