Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A BALLOON MESSAGE

John went turkey hunting this past Monday,
April 26th.
He didn't get to shoot a turkey,
but this is what he found as he was coming
off the hill.........

 
This note was rolled up and attached to balloons
that had fallen in the woods.
(I covered the phone number.)
I looked up Eastern Bowling Lanes online.
I discovered it to be in Middletown, OH,
which is quite a distance from where
the note landed here.
I then decided to call the number.
When someone answered the phone,
I asked to speak with Carly.
She said she was Carly.
I then went on to explain why I was calling.
Carly was really excited....she couldn't believe it.
She said that she and a couple of friends sent up messages
with their balloons, wondering if anyone would call.
I asked her age, and she said thirteen.
I told her I have a thirteen year old granddaughter.
I was also excited that I made her happy by calling.
I'm sure she contacted her friends right away.

Has that, or anything similar, happened to you?

5 comments:

Dee said...

Hello Shirley, I am enjoying your blog and signed on as a follower. Like you I began blogging to fill in time and ward off boredom and depression and now I am loving meeting and making online friends. I think it would be fun to find a balloon like you did. It was really nice of you to call and give that little girl a thrill to her day.:) Dee

Denise said...

is that fun or what!!!! I have never had anything like that happen to me so I will just enjoy hearing about yours......... How is your spring going girl ? Mine is going away far too fast....... I just do not know where the days go......... I hope you are well and smiling and life is treating you ok......... You are special to me and to the Father God...

Sharon Brumfield said...

We have sent balloons up with verses but no phone numbers. And nothing like that has ever happened to me.
How fun for you to meet someone new...via balloon.
I will say that I am glad that it was such a sweet person that found her note. :)

Janet, said...

that's neat! I don't think I've ever found one before.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I don't know what happened but I lost some of my Google Reader subscriptions. I've got some catching up to do.
I've never found one of these balloon messages. But I have found pieces of balloons in my pasture and wondered if they once had a message attached.

Related Posts with Thumbnails