Sunday, March 14, 2010

TROUT FISHING DAYS

Last week, we had several good
trout fishing days.
John had his alarm set for 3:00 a.m.
He wanted to get there early
to get the best fishing spot.
The mornings were cold.
I dressed in layers...
including long johns.
We arrived at the lake before dawn.
Below is a shot of the sky as it dawns.
On one morning it sprinkled a little.
I used an umbrella...hubby a poncho.
I spotted a rainbow.
While the mornings were cold...
it warmed up nicely as the sun came out...
I loved that sun.
But, I did get a little sun burned.
I had a nice camp chair...
and even brought a book to read
when the fish weren't biting.
The ducks and geese entertained me.
I took a lot of pictures...some are posted below.
Aren't the ducks just beautiful!

The Canadian geese really put on a show....
splashing and rolling over in the water.


 Hope you enjoyed my pictures.

John has the fishing gear all loaded in the truck...
ready to head out again in the morning again.

9 comments:

Denise said...

What beautiful pictures! I remember going Trout fishing on the snake river in the 70's..... cold cold cold! BUT they tasted wonderful! Looking forward to spring! I bet you are tooooooooooooooo.....

Janet, said...

I love the duck and geese pictures! But you wouldn't catch me getting up at 3am to go fishing.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Did I miss if ya'll caught any trout?
I would have had to bring my camera too......you did a great job catching some pictures of the ducks. Hope ya'll have enjoyed your time...wish I was there too. Keith got me an ultra lite pole..its all loaded with new string and I am ready to go.

Cherrie said...

Beautiful nature pictures! You are making wonderful memories with each other!

Jackie said...

Hey Sister!!

I jumped over from Denise at Samaritan Women and so glad I did. Love your photos and your blog! The sunrise and rainbow pics were simply beautiful and I so enjoyed seeing the geese. We don't see to many geese in AZ. I miss seeing them as the seasons change.

I'm following along with you and hope you'll stop by my place for a visit sometime!!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Denise said...

How are YOU????????????

Sue said...

Good Morning Shirley,
What a fun day, beautiful photos you have taken. It looks like you enjoy taking pictures of God's creations like I do. I learn so much by watching them. Hope you got to go with John on his second trip and that you took more pics.
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, they meant so much to me.
Blessings, and hugs,
Sue

HDMac said...

Oh my goodness... what absolutely breathtaking pictures! God's glorious creation. Beautiful!!!

Thanks, Shirley for visiting and commenting on my blog today. :)

Denise said...

Just coming by to check on YOU!!!! Summer time does take us from the blogland but wanted to let you know I think of YOU.........

Related Posts with Thumbnails