Tuesday, July 14, 2009

GRANDDAUGHTER'S VISIT

Last week my granddaughter, Shayna,
spent several days with me
before leaving for the beach on Saturday.
It had been a long time since she was here for a stay,
so I really enjoyed having her.
She is a typical teenager, staying up late at night,
and sleeping until afternoon.
One day she tried giving Huey
a very much needed bath…..
but he wanted out of that tub!
We treated her to a Husson's pizza one night,
and went to Captain D's another.
We made a craft that I had picked up at a yard sale.
We painted butterflies red, white and blue,
and decorated the garage and storage building.
John made a birdhouse out of an old mailbox and
we painted it and put it on the garage….
notice the “AIR MAIL”….an idea we got when we
saw one that someone else had made.
One evening we hiked on the hill to see where the
old coal mines had been drained and sealed up….
You can see in the pic below how Shayna
stayed way ahead of us.
When it was time to take her home on Thursday,
I got a little sad....or, I should say a lot sad.

I didn’t take a lot of pictures, shame on me.
But I will share what I did take.









Hope you enjoyed my pics.

9 comments:

Janet, said...

Hey Shirley, I'm back. Sounds like a lot of fun. Love your mailbox birdhouse, we have our old mail box that I need to do something with, too. That doesn't look anything like the old coal bank road, next time I'm out there, take me up to look around, OK?

Vera said...

Shirley, The butterflies really look pretty, and I love the birdhouse.
I need to have John around for a few days, seems like he can do about anything.

Denise said...

You did good with the pictures and I love the butterflies! Love hearing how you are out and about and loving life.......... That is why HE came! Enjoy your summer and forgive me for being gone so much....summer time is time consuming!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I DID enjoy your pictures!
Sounds like you guys had a great visit.
She's lucky to have a Grandma like you.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Loved your pictures and thanks for sharing. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Hugs, Grams

Denise said...

Hey girl , thanks for coming by my blog....... I am better but a little thick headed because of the Benadryl..... but, the swelling is going down and my hands look a bit better... Hope you have a wonderful week.......

Love ya!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am glad ya'll had such a great time. Love the butterflies on the side of the barn. It is great that ya'll found so much to do together.
Beautiful countryside.
And you know when I was growing up I remember seeing a lot of air mail boxes...haven't seen as many lately.

Anonymous said...

I love you grannie, maybe I'll come up on wednesday and stay the rest of the week, and we can go to chruch on sunday. (:

- Shay

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, by the way, I'm getting my licens on Wednesday too. :D I'll have dad take me up there afrer I get it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails